Qalawun complex in Cairo
The Qalawun complex (Arabic: مجمع قلاون) in Cairo, Egypt includes a madrasa, a hospital and a mausoleum. It was built by the Sultan Al-Nasir Muhammad Ibn Qalawun in the 1280s; some thirty surviving mosques were built during his time. The Qalawun Complex was built over the ruins of the Fatimd Palace of Cairo, with several halls in the Palace, it was sold to several people, where it was finally bought by the Sultan Qalawun in 1283 AD. The structure resides right in the heart of Cairo, in the Bayn al-Qasrayn, and has been a center for important religious ceremonies and rituals of the Islamic faith for years, stretching from the Mamluk dynasty through the Ottoman Empire.
A mappában található képek előnézete Old Cairo
|November / 2020|